2017 is over and 2018 is here.. how quickly can a year go by, seriously? To me, this past year felt like the shortest one ever so far. However, my last blogpost has been about 2017, this one is all about 2018!
Last night I went through my list of resolutions for 2017 and while I didn’t stick to all of them, it definitely could have been worse. This time I don’t want to list a lot of resolutions, just a few that are really important to me.
So these are the things that I truly want to work on in 2018:
- I want to stop overthinking each and every single situation and decision. Instead I want to start listening more to what my heart tells me is the right thing to do. I believe that too much thinking kills your happiness and lightness.
- Related to this, I also want to stop planning so much and being so scared of the future and of something going wrong. I have plans for the next year, a lot of plans actually, but they’re not very detailed. I have like a basic layout for the next year but within that I just want to go with the flow of life and see where it takes me.
- Concerning health and fitness, I really want to get fitter, stronger and leaner again. And yes, while it’s nice to look good in a bikini (not gonna lie here..), this goal for me has nothing to do with my appearance but with something exciting I have planned for the summer. Actually, I guess I need to be as fit and strong as I’ve never been before. Looking at my current fitness state, I have a lot of work to do, haha.
- Next year I definitely want to spend less time on social media. I will still be using social media because I enjoy it and appreciate all the benefits that come with it but I want to use it more mindfully. I want to move away from consuming so much and towards creating more myself.
- My biggest resolution is to take action. To just go for whatever it is that I want to do, to make some of my long-cherished dreams come true. Basically, my biggest resolution is to stop dreaming and start doing.
So these are pretty much my main resolutions.
Of course, there are some smaller things I want to work on as well that have to do with relationships, food, money,.. However, I don’t believe in making too many resolutions to which in the end you won’t stick anyway. There’s always gonna be some aspects of your life you want to improve, something you’re not satisfied with but hey – one step at a time!
So this new year will be all about having trust in this life, to trust that whatever happens happens for a reason. That I will always be just in the right place at just the right time. Even if something bad happens to me, I know that it will only contribute to my growth as a person and that I will get out of that situation stronger and more experienced than before. There’s a lesson to be learnt in everything that happens.
This year will be all about living this life, the only life that I have, to the fullest.
2018, I’m ready for you.
From all my heart I wish you all a Happy New Year! <3
I hope you started into this new year well and that 2018 has a lot of wonderful experiences for you in store.