Currently I’m having quite some trouble with falling asleep at night as my mind just doesn’t stop working. I’m constantly worrying and overanalyzing everything. If you’re the same type of person as me, you know what I mean. I’m really working on not thinking and worring so much but at the moment I’m not really successful to be honest.
There are some things though that help me to fall asleep and I thought I’d share them with you, maybe it helps someone. 🙂
- do some sport to get rid of stress and to make your body tired
- take a warm bath before going to bed to make your body feel warm and comfortable
- read a book before sleeping to distract your mind with a story that has nothing to do with your life
- even better: read a book while taking a bath
- drink a warm tea, preferably with the following herbs: hop, valerian, melissa, lavender, amber
- darken your room if it’s not completely dark, especially when it’s fullmoon outside
- listen to some calm music, I prefer soundtracks and classical music in general
- listen to an audiobook
The last tip actually works best for me. I mostly turn on some fairytale or meditation and then set a time on my laptop when to shut down automatically. I almost never hear how it’s ending and I when I try to find out how far I’ve come with it the next time I usually figure out I fell asleep after about 10-15 minutes. So it really takes me some time to listen to an audiobook until the end, haha. 😀 But you see, this really works great, at least for me. I guess it’s because someone is talking and if I want to follow the story my mind has to concentrate on the voice instead on thinking about problems.