In the past being an expert in a certain field meant having learnt a certain job, having a uni degree or certificates from different courses.
Thinking you need all of this to be an expert can hold you back so much because you might feel you’re not „good enough“ to teach others if you don’t have anything on paper.
Having a degree etc. isn’t a bad thing of course and there certainly are occupations you HAVE TO study for – but hey, times have changed.
When it comes to certain topics you can be an expert who others can learn from even though you might not have studied at all. I don’t know about you but personally I prefer learning from people who went through what I need to go through and are where I wanna be instead from someone who knows it all in theory but never put any of it into action.
So how do you know you’re „expert enough“?
Well, here are 5 signs:
1. You went through something yourself, went through a transformation and can teach others from personal experience.
2. People around you or online ask you for advise even though you’re not offering any kind of professional coaching yet.
3. You are very passionate and constantly talk about a certain topic.
4. You consume content about this topic on a daily basis and therefor are super educated.
5. Having your life revolving around this one topic feels like the most natural thing in the world for you and you sometimes even forget it’s not even a thing in other people’s lives.
So, do you still think you’re not an expert others could learn from?
PS: You don’t have to know EVERYTHING. You just have to know more than the person asking you for advise.
So far there are only these four countries on my travel wishlist: Venice, London, Rome &